Backpacker Accommodation Sydney – Surfside Coogee Beach
Our location is awesome , we are overlooking the beach. We are clean, modern, friendly and have great service and facilities all with an ocean view.
Location cannot get better than this. We are on the beach, with awesome views from most rooms, reception area, kitchen, dining room and TV room. Just a quick 15 minutes to/from the City, 20 minutes from the Domestic & International airports and seconds to public transport. Located in the heart of Coogee Beach surrounded by all major services & some of Sydney’s best bars, restaurants & clubs. Coogee is a weekend mecca for many Sydneysiders.
Surfside Coogee Beach is located at 186 Arden Street, above McDonalds close to all the banks, post office and best cafes & bars in the area. Surfside Coogee Beach is the only purpose built backpacker’s hostel in Coogee Beach.
It’s all about value for money at Surfside Coogee Beach. Our prices include
- FREE coffee, tea, all day and night
- FREE use of surfboards
- FREE wetsuits & rash guards
- FREE body boards
- FREE body surfing paddles
- FREE snorkeling gear
- FREE soccer, rugby, cricket, volleyball equipment
We also have
- FREE travel planer (this can be emailed to you before you arrive) and FREE travel advice from Surfside Travel Desk
- FREE employment pack (this can be emailed to you before you arrive).
- FREE Sydney In 6 days for under $10 a Day Guide (this can be emailed to you before you arrive).
- FREE Coogee Beach, Bondi Beach & City maps plus all the tourist info you can handlevto explore Sydney.
We also have available for purchase
- Train, bus & ferry tickets & passes
- Great value phonecards for local, interstate and International calls
- High speed Internet access
- Adaptors for electrical products
- Sewing kits
- Food bags for keeping food safe and for transporting to next hostel
Surfside offers “Additional Services” which can be selected on the online booking form with your accommodation.
- Airport Shuttle to & from the International & Domestic airports ($18.00)
- A Bank Account in your name set up by us ready for your arrival ($7.00)
- A Tax File Number just in case you want to work in Australia ($7.00)
- VIP Backpackers Discount Card ($37.00 online or $40.00 in person)
- We will be happy to set up your mobile Phone for FREE
- Sim Card for your mobile (2 and $5 and $10 sims are available)
- Mobile Phone credit is available
- Mobile Phone Packages are available
- Secure, clean bedrooms each bed with fresh clean sheets, pillow, secure and safeand doona
- Modern and clean bathrooms
- Fully equipped kitchen with everything to cook with
- TV lounge with Foxtel, Fox Sports , Fox movies etc
- Laundry room with washers and dryers
- Secure safe deposit for valuables & laptops etc
- Aweome balconies with beach and ocean views
Coogee Beach is a mecca for many many sydney locals who come down to take advantage of the beachlife and the awesome bars we have here. The Wallabies also regularly train at Coogee Beach oval, which is next door to Surfside and our balconies look over the oval. Coogee beach is a place of relaxation and slumber during the day & a place to party and have fun at night, famous with locals too. Throughout the year, day or nights you can sit on the beach or cliffs & watch life go by or party in the Coogee Beach palace or the Coogee Bay Hotel. We have heaps of famous events here and close to Coogee Beach including January’s Sydney Festival & Flicker Fest & Australia Day on January 26th. March has Mardi Gras, April has Anzac day, August has Ciity to Surf Fun Run, September has the Festival of the Winds, October & November has Sculptures by the Sea & Miss Coogee in November & of course December & January has Christmas & New Years.
Surfside Coogee Beach Swimming Pool
The Tasman Sea is our swimming pool or if you like the Pacific Ocean, never really that cold its not heated but theres heaps of room, in fact it stretches all the way to the America’s. Come have a swim day or night clothed or naked!!