CHRISTMAS & NEW YEAR’S EVE ON THE BEACH AT COOGEE BEACH
What better and more unique place to enjoy Christmas and New Year’s than on the beach at Coogee Beach. Coogee Beach Backpackers is directly in front of the beach. Check out our view.
When you book Christmas at Coogee Beach Backpackers you are not just buying a bed or a room, you are buying an experience, the Coogee Beach experience! The group events, the explorer days, the beach BBQs, the awesome Christmas day dinner with wine are all included FREE! with your accommodation on top of our normal everyday inclusions such as FREE! Wi-Fi, tea, coffee and cereal for breakfast plus surfboards, body boards, snorkels and masks, skateboards even sun cream is FREE!.
Yes, We have availability for you,
We have three options for you.
- Just Christmas
- Christmas & New Year’s
- Just New Year’s
Please check out detailed daily schedule below prices so you know whats we have planned for you during your stay.
HOW TO BOOK
To make a reservation either..
EARLY BIRD SPECIAL DEAL
If you pay in full by the 31st October 2017 you get lots of extras and goodies.
- A $15 OFF voucher for the Oz trails or Barefoot Downunder Blue Mountains day tour. This is something we recommend you do on 27th, 29th or 30th December.
- A $15 OFF surf day trip with Waves Learn to Surf day tours. This is something we also recommend you do on 27th, 29th or 30th December.
- We have several meal deals that give you daily discounts at McDonald’s, Hungry Jacks (Burger King), Oporto Chicken, Domino’s Pizza.
- We also have deals at Globe Skateboard Shop and Bondi Ink Tattoos.
- FREE Tax File Number applications for which we normally charge $8.00
- Plus what ever else we can find between now and then.
- Choose any number of night so long as you take them consecutively. You decide the start date.
- All rooms the same price. Choose from small, medium, large mixed or female rooms, first come first served basis.
- If you choose Just Accommodation expect extra charges if you want to involved in events/meals/parties/sports equipment
- Prices are person per night.
- All bookings must be paid in full to be confirmed, no refunds for change of mind, early departure or any other circumstances.
- Call us is best on 0412 509 279 (+61 412 509 279) or use our booking form but please understand that whatever payment option you use we will debit in full in order to confirm the booking and we will confirm by email. If you use the booking form please write in comments either ACCOMMODATION + FUN or JUST ACCOMMODATION so we know what you want. If you don’t write anything we charge the ACCOMMODATION + FUN price.
- Prices for under 9 nights are charged at $99 per person per night with the 30th December being $129.00 per person per night, the 31st December charged at $199.00 per person per night and the 1st January being $129.00 per person per night.
Please read on for more details.
TOM VAN DIJK stayed 26th December 2014 to 2nd January 2015.
“I stayed for new year. Had a really great time. Made a lot of new friends. Happy New Year.”
Wednesday 20th December
Starts with a FREE! pancake breakfast.
This is a great day to do the Coogee Beach to Bondi Beach Cliff.Surf at Bondi Beach for FREE!
Friday 22nd December
Starts with a FREE! pancake breakfast.
We have our FREE! BBQ on the beach at Coogee Beach with FREE meat & vegetarian foods, tons of salads, FREE! wine!
Sunday 24th December (Christmas Eve)
Starts with a FREE! pancake breakfast.
This is the big day. Finish your Christmas shopping, hang out at the beach, relax & take it easy because the night pumps!!
3 options here….
- Stay local, the Coogee Palace & the Coogee Bay Hotel have massive nights & as we are just 50 meters from the Coogee Bay Hotel you can wander home quick, easy & FREE! NO waiting for taxis.
- Hit the City!! With tons of bars just heaving @ Darling Harbour or Kings Cross.
- Party Boat Sydney Harbour Cruise. Every year on Christmas Eve there are boat parties that include a Sydney Harbour Boat Party Cruise and FREE! entry to clubs too. They of course cost money usually $60-$99 but they are great fun and a little bit special. Details yet to be announced.
Monday 25th December (Christmas Day)
Christmas Day starts with FREE! eggs on toast or pancakes for breakfast & continues with a swim on the beach.
And continues with… Christmas Day Lunch served at approx 2pm with an Aussie style BBQ with salads, bread, catering for meat eaters & vegetarians served to you by our staff with FREE red & white wine.
Next we hit the beach for Christmas afternoon, take it easy and hit the beach with your friends, relax, swim, surf & relax some more.
Next is… chill time, 6pm to 8pm, a chance to call home, nap, shower off sand & sun cream, take it easy.
Finally… From 8pm till midnight we have a party with any left over red & white wine.
Tuesday 26th December (Boxing Day)
Is Boxing day & starts with a FREE! Pancake Breakfast.
Today there are 4 options…
- Local Randwick Race Course has a annual horse racing event. Usually FREE! entry with a passport, its a different day than you would normally have but great fun.
- The Sydney to Hobart Yacht race starts from inside Sydney Harbour. The yachts leave the heads (harbour entrance) at local Watson’s Bay &turn south to Tasmania. The whole day at Watson’s Bay is spectacular & we recommend to go to Watson’s Bay for 11am to hang out, swim, snorkel eat, drink, play & watch the race start.
- Shop Till You Drop. Boxing day in Australia is the day the sales start and its massive. The biggest shopping mall in Australia is just 3 kilometers away, a quick trip by bus.
- All the big movies come out on Boxing Day & there are cinemas at Randwick & Bondi Junction.
Wednesday 27th December
Is EXPLORER DAY NUMBER 1 & its starts with a FREE! pancake breakfast.
A group day out to see something awesome!! We have for you an awesome self guided day out including Watson’s Bay, Camp Cove, the Southern entrance to Sydney Harbour. We take the ferry from Watson’s Bay to the City past Sydney Opera House & Sydney Harbour Bridge to Circular Quay ending with delightful walk through Royal Botanical Gardens & Hyde Park. ITS FREE!!, (You just buy bus & ferry tickets and off you go in a group).
Thursday 28th December
Is our traditional SPORTS DAY and it starts with a FREE! pancake breakfast.
Joining guests Surfside Bondi Beach meeting at Bronte Park (which at a beach halfway between Coogee Beach & Bondi Beach) for massive Sports Day & BBQ serving FREE! meat & vegetarian foods, tons of salads & red & white wine.
Friday 29th December
A day to yourself, let us suggest some options…
Lazy options first, hit the beach, choose from…
- Bondi Beach, Tamarama Beach or Bronte Beach (all walking distance),
- Camp Cove, Neilson Park Beach (short bus ride)
- Manly Beach (bus & ferry ride)
or get active….
- Explore Sydney City, Blue Mountains day trip, Surf/Learn to Surf day trip or surf lessons
- Bondi to Coogee Cliff walk with snorkeling at Clovelly Beach
- Watson’s Bay, Rent bikes @ Centennial Park, Manly Beach
- Skydive, Mountain Biking in Blue Mountains, Taronga Zoo or Aquarium or Sydney Tower or Wildlife World
Saturday 30th December
Is EXPLORER DAY NUMBER 2 and it starts with a FREE! pancake Breakfast.
Another group day out to see something awesome!! We have for you an awesome self guided day out to Palm Beach, the home of TV show Home and Away. We check out the beach, the surf club, walk up to the lighthouse to check out awesome views, eat at Beach Cafe. Take bus back through Manly Wharf, take ferry through Sydney Harbour, past Sydney Opera House and Sydney Harbour Bridge to Circular Quay. ITS FREE!!, (You just buy bus & ferry tickets and off you go as a group).
Sunday 31st December (New Years Day)
Is NEW YEARS EVE and it starts with a FREE! pancake breakfast.
Our New Year’s group event extravaganza starts at midday. You have the option to join our group or simply do your own thing. We leave as a group loaded with hats, and sun cream to Sydney Harbour to get a spot in front of Sydney Harbour Bridge.
We spend the day eating, drinking, hanging out and preparing for the world’s best fireworks show. The first show is at 9pm. The final show is on the stroke of midnight where Sydney Harbour simply explodes in an awesome light show of fire works throughout Sydney Harbour & on Sydney Harbour Bridge on the bridge.
There is a massive street party in the Rocks area afterwards.
If you still have the energy stay up and watch the first sunrise of 2017.
CAN I GET BACK TO COOGEE BEACH AFTER NEW YEARS EVE CELEBRATIONS
YES!!! There is always transport to and from the City and Coogee Beach, there has to date never been an issue so please don’t worry about getting from one to the other and any time of day or night. The buses run 24/7 every day of the year.
Monday 1st January
Is NEW YEARS DAY, a detox day for most guests but its New Years Day so there is a lot to see and do like Field Day (a massive all day festival on New Years day every year). Most events have details yet to be announced but be ready!
Tuesday 2nd January
Get up, get out, get active. Come to reception, let us know what you have done and we will suggest something you have not done yet.
Thursday 4th -8th January
The ASHES test between Australia and England will be AWESOME!!!!
JORDAN NEWBROOK stayed from 23rd December 2011 to 4th January 2012
“Great hostel with great staff and fantastic events. had a wicked time over Xmas, the atmosphere at Surfside is hard to beat. if i come back i would defo be staying at Surfside”
FLEXIBLE CHRISTMAS PAYMENT OPTIONS
We have 3 FLEXIBLE payment options…
- pay first night
- pay 50% now & 50% 30 days before arrival
- pay in full (to avoid any price rises).
PAYMENT OPTION NO.1 If you choose to select to pay the 1st night, thank you, that’s great. We will debit the first night plus any other items you have requested & send you a confirmation email with the balance due. We will automatically debit 50% of the balance on the 31st October 2017 & we shall send you a second confirmation email with the final balance due. We will automatically debit the final balance on the 30th November 2017 and we shall send you a 3rd and final confirmation email, EASY!
- If you book after the 31st October 2017 and you choose to pay the 1st night. We will charge the 1st night + the 1st 50% of the balance due and send you a confirmation email. We will automatically debit the 2nd 50% of the balance due on the 30th November 2015 and send you a final confirmation email.
- If you book after the 30th November 2017 and you choose to pay the 1st night. We will charge the 1st night + the 1st 50% +the 2nd 50% and will send you a confirmation email.
PAYMENT OPTION NO.2 If you choose to pay 50% now and 50% 30 days prior to arrival, that also great! We will debit 50% of your accommodation plus any other items you have requested and send you a confirmation email with the final balance due. We will then automatically debit the remaining 50% 30 days prior to your arrival. We shall also send you a 2nd & final confirmation email, EASY!
- If you book after the 31st October 2017 and you choose to pay the 50% option. We will charge the 1st 50% of the balance due and send you a confirmation email. We will automatically debit the 2nd 50% of the balance due on the 30th November 2017 and send you a final confirmation email.
- If you book after the 30th November 2017 and you choose to pay the 50% option. We will charge the 1st 50% + 2nd 50% and will send you a confirmation email.
PAYMENT OPTION NO.3 If you choose to pay in full we will debit 100% of your accommodation plus any other items you have requested and send you a confirmation email.
How do I cancel my booking? To cancel please don’t call us. Please email email@example.com with your name and arrival date letting us know that you want to cancel the booking. We will confirm back with you that the booking is cancelled. We are unable to refund any amounts paid or transfer to another person but from the moment you cancel no further payments will be made.
We recommend that you get travel insurance just in case your situation changes and you need to cancel your booking. As stated above we do not do refunds, name changes, transfers or credit you for another time so the best option for you not to lose out any monies paid for our accommodation is to buy travel insurance. We will be happy to give you any documentation so you can claim back for monies lost due to cancellation.
What if my credit/debit card declines If your credit/debit card declines for any payment we will first try a smaller amount, starting with 50%, 33% 25% & then contact you requesting to check your credit/debit cards fund or supply us with another credit debit card. If you do not respond to our emails your booking will be considered cancelled on the 1st December 2017 and any amounts paid will be non refundable/transferable.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The full list of Surfside T & C’s are on our website www.surfsidebackpackers.com.au but here are some that are worth checking out.
- We will be expecting you on the arrival date you requested, if you have not shown up by 8am on the NEXT DAY we will assume you are not coming at all and your whole booking will be considered cancelled. We dont do refunds of any kind or credit you days for future nights. Please Please Please communicate with us if you intend to arrive later than your original arrival date.
- If you leave Surfside mid stay we reserve the right to resell your bed or room. (Leaving to us means that you are no longer staying with Surfside. The fact that you still have your key when you room or bed is vacant does not show you are staying). If you then return to Surfside your space may not be available to you. No refunds will be given in this situation. If you take a days away for any reason or simply leave please tell us. If you want to leave and then come back, please tell us, what ever the reason please tell us. We expect you to communicate with us for safety reasons such as fire or other evacuation procedures.
Communication generally solves most problems. If you are unhappy, tell us when you are unhappy, please don’t wait till check out and complain you had a bad time. Give us a chance to make you happy and we will work hard to do so. Subject to availability.
OTHER USEFUL INFORMATION & FAQ’S
We have small, medium and dorm rooms and we have both mixed and female only rooms too, we have a first choice and second choice on our booking form, please book early to get your first choice otherwise second choice will be given. If we cannot offer either choice we will contact you to let you know what is available.
BOXING DAY ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE
Its on late on the night of the 26th/27th/28th December. Enjoy!
PARKING MY CAR/VAN/FERRARI
Yes there is FREE! parking, but we don’t have a car park. We can help you park in nearby streets for FREE! if you are prepared to walk a few minutes. We have maps and information ready for you on arrival.
OTHER SPECIAL DEALS
Discounted entry to all five major Sydney attractions. Our offer extends to….
- Sydney Skytower for just $20.00 (normally $26.00)
- Sydney Aquarium for just $29.95 (normally $40.00)
- Sydney Wildlife World for just $29.95 (normally $40.00)
- Taronga Zoo $39.99 (normally $46.00).
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Will the Planned Events change?
Please note events are based on past years and may change due to weather/unforeseen circumstances without the same notice the weather gives us which can sometimes be not much!
SAVANNAH ROOSGEURIUS stayed from 28th December 2014 to 2nd January 2015
“Great location, friendly staff, nice living room, good to meet new people”
So there it is. We hope to see you soon,
The Surfside Coogee Beach Team.